We try to offer something for everyone to get involved with and all of our groups welcome new members with open arms, so please do get in touch if you would like to know more or find out how to join in.
Prayer and a Pint
Midweek gatherings for 18s to 30-somethings, in the pub!
We meet once a month, usually in the Tivoli, to discuss the big questions in Christianity over a drink, ending in prayer.
P&P runs from 8 to 9 pm (ish) and is open to everyone so bring friends!
For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For anyone needing a coffee and a chat on a Wednesday morning.
We meet in the Alstone Porch at the back of church from 10:00am to 12:00 noon.
We have coffee and biscuits and sometimes cake together.
Newcomers are welcome, please contact us for more information.
Friendship club is for seniors, but not exclusively.
Lunch Club and Afternoon Tea Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month in the Harwood Hall, (except August when outings are arranged).
We meet for lunch 12.00 for 12.30 (pre booking required) together in the Harwood hall.
A Speaker is arranged to entertain and inform us for about an hour after lunch, 2:30pm – 4:00pm. No booking is required for this. We then have tea and cakes together.
|Soup and Cheese Lunch||£3.50|
|Summer Salad Bar||£3.50|
|Afternoon talk only||£1.00|
|Afternoon talk with tea and cake||£1.50|
If you are interested in coming along please contact us.
One to One Course
Would you like to know more about Christianity?
At Christ Church, we welcome your questions and would be pleased to guide you through our One to One course to help you find answers about the Christian Faith.
As the name suggests, this course is on a one-to-one basis with one an experienced member of our team and can be arranged on days and times that suit you.
MODULE 1: What’s it all about?
Meeting people where they are, exploring themes common to the human experience, and beginning a conversation about faith.
- Getting to know you. Drawing a ‘map of my life so far’ and reflecting on the journey
- How did I get here? Opening up a discussion about science and faith – How did I get here? And what’s it all for?
- Why do bad things happen? If the world is made by a good, powerful and loving God, how come it contains so much suffering?
- The ‘wow’ factor. Nourishing our sense of wonder at the good stuff… five things to do before I die…
- The God-shaped hole. Five ways to well-being. What really matters? Would you say you were happy?
MODULE 2: Meeting Jesus
Finding out more about Jesus, by looking at people whose lives he changed. Focussing especially on God’s unconditional love and making our own unique commitment to Christ.
- Finding our way around the Bible. What is the Bible? Where does it come from? What’s in it? And what’s in it for you?
- The love of God in action. Jesus meets ‘a woman with a past’. The encounter changes her life, giving her a new beginning.
- Jesus the way, the truth and the life. Jesus meets an unpopular taxman. If Jesus is ‘the truth’ about God, what does this encounter tell us about him?
- Jesus the foot-washing servant. The night before he died, Jesus washed the feet of his friends. He told them he was setting them an example, of showing love in action. How can we best follow that example today?
- The cross of Jesus. The death of Jesus shows us God identifying with the suffering of the world. It demonstrates God’s love, and reveals the cost to God of forgiving.
- Following Jesus. Jesus said ‘follow me’. Are you ready to respond?
Module 3: So What?
Developing a relationship with God; allowing Jesus to shape the way I live.
- Life Balance
- All you need is Love
- Green issues
- Living without Doubt
- Sharing my Faith
- Belonging to your faith-family
To find out more contact Anna Laszlo on 01242 581593 / 07963 795089 or Contact Us
Choir and Worship Group
We are always looking for new members to join our choir and worship group.
Home Groups for Bible Study and Fellowship
In a sizeable congregation, it’s impossible to know everyone, that’s why there’s value in belonging to a smaller group. Contact any of our leaders through the Church office if you’d like to find out more.
We have a variety of home groups that meet regularly for Bible Study & Fellowship. They meet regularly on different days/times in homes or in the Parish Centre.
|Keith & Maureen Jones|
At their home
|Wednesday evenings, weekly||This group enjoys meals together and the emphasis is on fellowship|
At her home
|Thursdays 2:30pm, fortnightly||This group enjoys meals and Bible Study|
In the Malvern Room
|Fridays 10:30am, fortnightly||This group enjoys Bible study, prayer and fellowship|
|David & Anna Lazslow|
At their home near the station
|Wednesday evenings, fortnightly||Welcoming and outward-looking group seeking to grow faith into action through prayer and lively discussion|
|Brian & Lesley Slee|
|Tuesday 7:45pm, fortnightly||To join please contact Shirley on email@example.com|
Newcomers are always welcome – Contact Us to join a group.
Groups for Children
We have Sunday morning groups for children of all ages as well as Family Time and other initiatives.
Baby and Toddler Group
Christ Church Baby and Toddler Group aims to support young parents by providing a range of toys and activities suitable for babies and pre-school children.
We meet on Mondays from 1.30 pm until 3.15 pm in the Harwood Hall in the Christ Church Parish Centre.
All are welcome and many long-lasting friendships are made between parents and between the children. The cost is £1 per family. Tea and coffee are served and a snack time is organised for the children.
For further information please ring Sarah O’Meara on 01242 513067.
We have three thriving girls groups that meet on Thursday evenings:
Rainbows meet on Thursdays 5:00pm to 6.00pm in Bayshill/Lansdown
Brownies meet on Thursdays 6:00pm to 7.15pm in Harwood Hall
Guides meet on Thursdays 6.15pm to 7.45pm in Bayshill/Lansdown
Please contact Maureen Jones on 01242 5171283 if you are interested in joining us.
Sadly Christ Church currently has no groups for boys – please get in touch if you are interested in starting one.
Youth at Christ Church (aka y@cc)
We are an informal friendly group for young people, in years 9 to 13, who meet on a random basis to support and encourage each other.
Activities we have enjoyed together include a picnic, 10 pin bowling, cinema, laser tag and barbeque.
If you are interested in joining us, please call Amanda on 01242 690319 to be put on the invite list.